Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Holiday in the Land of the Pharoahs - Part 1


I'm already at work now, infact I was already doing work 3 weeks before my maternity leave ends. Which explains how hectic my life once I reported back to work. But the best part was having a free holiday in Egypt during the last week of my leave - I earned an incentive trip via selling hardware for a business partner through oe of my deals last year.

So there were 16 of us, all from various companies, but we clicked along well. We spent 3 days in Cairo & Alexandria and 2 days flying. The trip was loooooooooooooooooong - 12 hours with a one-hour stop in Mumbai.

Actually, upon boarding the plane (we took Egypt Air as that's the only carrier with a short stopover) dah start culture shock of the Egyptians. Semua stewards dah nak botak and boncit, and the stewardesses masam mencuka and rough. Tolak food trolley langgar segala mende kat tepi. Memang tak ada hospitality langsung. Mama naik flight tu tengah malam, so naik-naik aje terus membuta la. Tapi after a few hours of sleep, we were woken up for breakfast. So like stone aje.

One more challenging part is to express myself. I am still lactating, so by the time sampai Mumbai dah memang kena express. Tapi tunggu the crew kemas the planes, baru masuk toilet. Mama dah tak boleh tahan dah...so kena masuk jugak. Baru nak start pumping, kena ketuk. The stewardess wanted to refill the tissues. I said go and do it at other toilet lah, she said "I need to do my job now, please go to other toilet". Mama mulalah start upset, tak respect langsung kat passenger. Memang patutla Malaysia Airlines dapat Best Airline of the year. I think the airline crews kat US better than them.

Then bila sampai Cairo airport, it's time to express again. So off I went to look for the ladies while waiting for the lugagge. Happy tengok ada ladies, tapi tengok-tengok ada sebijik aje toiletnya. Can you imagine the long line, with the people just boarded off the plane, of course semua orang nak cari decent toilet. Ada ke sebijik aje depa buat kat situ? Then one of the ground staff kata outside ada toilet lagi... Hello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huhu..chian mama..tak tahan..tak tahan..

Anonymous said...

nasib baik mama tak cek berit berit