Thursday, May 22, 2008

Calibre?


Mama was attending WCIT 2008 at KLCC Convention Centre for the past two days. Mak ooii, penat kaki duk jalan ke sana ke mari, attending B2B sessions with prospects from Middle East, Europe and India and also attending the plenary talks. I missed the first two days of the congress, so didn't manage to catchup the sessions with PM & Bill Gates.

Yesterday, the closing was done by the DPM. So alang-alang tu I sat in lah for his speech. Cheee..mula-mula tu macam gempak la title, lagi pun I never attended any function yang pernah ada DPM. I'm quite impressed with his English and accent. Tapi lama-lama duk dengar, nothing new in the subject that he was talking about. Everybody knows that ICT helps expedite businesses. So? I was looking for something with more ummph in his speech, baru ada calibre sikitkan? But then it was dry. This is a world congress, so I think who ever prepared the speech have to consider the kind of audience there. Ini macam, malu lah, pemimpin negara punya speech sangat la boring....

p/s: Mama kena interview dengan RTM, tapi tak tau untuk rancangan apa (lupa nak tanya pasal tekedu kejap depa stop Mama when I was rushing for a meeting). Interview was in English though.

No comments: