Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blazing Hot!



The weather has been very hot these days, and of all the time, my car aircond chose NOW to malfunction!

I was at Cyberjaya last Friday, and after my meeting, went back to my car that was parked under the hot, blazing sun. Turned on the aircond, and woah! It was not cold at all. Turned to full blast and still the same. Touched the steering wheels and it felt like a pot just came out of an oven. Ok...I said to myself, let's roll down the window...and wallah! The driver's window is also jammed.

I ended up driving to my workshop in the hot sun, mind you, my window can't be wound down, so imagine the heat I had to bear all the way from Cyberjaya to USJ. By the time I got to the workshop, with my tomato-red face, my mechanic already knew what's wrong with the car. This is not a mere aircond-out-of-gas problem, it is the internal coil, which will cost me almost 2K! On top of that, my mechanic doesn't want to install a local coil, it has to be original because they provide warranty for 6 months. And I have to leave the car there for a day because fixing it is a major exercise.

The mechanic told me that I'm lucky because the aircond never failed for 10 years, and considering a continental car, the rate he gave me is considered low. Another 3 series that's barely 2 years old is also having the same problem and it costs the owner a whooping 7K!

It's just that I have to bear the heat for another month because I need the money to replace my maid next month, and that is also going to cost us a bomb! So I have to skip the repair this round, maybe plan it for next month. So I asked him to just fix my power-window. But my oh my, even with the window down, the heat is unbearable!

And this is just the worldly heat, and in the afterworld, the heat of hellfire is 70 times more than the worldy fire! Oh Allah, please save our souls...

No comments: