Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MDS

MDS- Maid Dependency Syndrome.

If there were such a condition, I'd be the first to be diagnosed with it.

I cannot run my house-hold without a maid. The dust and all sorts of debris are accumulating as I speak. There is a big pile of unfolded clean laundry in the backroom, not to mention another pile that needs ironing. Actually I can make do with that by sending some to the laundry-mat. For RM1.20 a piece, they'll do a great job making my husband's shirt all pressed up nicely.

There is also a big bag full of unsorted stuff from Alor Setar that Papa brought back over the weekend, stuff that he got from Pekan Rabu, which my kids adore like emping, putu beras, kuih bangkit, serunding and salted fish. Those are stocks for Ramadhan.

The kitchen floor has not been mopped properly for the past 5 days. I only sweep the floor at about 11:30pm every night after I'm done cleaning the dishes (which are still not placed at their proper racks) and after tucking away the dirty laundry in the washing machine, leaving it for the night so it'll be ready for hanging in the morning.

I only manage the necessary stuff, like food, Aisha, dishes, Aisha's bottles, dirty laundry, basic sweeping and school uniforms ironing. Papa manages the pets, garbage, sending kids to school and groceries. Last night, Amir was practically screaming to do his homework with me. He waited and waited till I'm done with the kitchen and laundry. I succumbed to his demands by asking him to do his homework in front of me while I was ironing the school uniforms. There is a big lump in my throat, and my heart practically sunk at my inability to provide for my children properly at this time.

All these while, all the house chores are being done by the maid. So I don't have problems meeting the kids' demands and whims. Now, I have to juggle work and chores. I have so much on my mind that sometimes I did ridiculous things like placing Aisha's bottles in the fridge and putting Aisha's formula in Amir's bottle instead. The hands and the mind are not synchronized sometimes, to the extend that the other day I took the normal route to office when I was supposed to go to a client site. I guess this would be the major signs of MDS.

And what am I doing rambling away like this?

3 comments:

Adillah A Nordin said...

Please, go send those laundry to the dobi!

Hang in there, my friend.
Take care.

ms hart said...

Ha, take it easy, my friend! If at all it helps, then remember, your friend here is also suffering from the same syndrom!! hark!!

AUNTIDA said...

Ha (and Tati), utk menyedapkan hati you sikit, walaupun i don't have little patters of tiny feet (or even bigger ones - in fact i only have a pair of really BIG ones other than my own), bilik i (coz at the moment we live in borrowed room in my in law's) still bersepah ranah and berhabuk sepuk (ada ke perkataan tu?). coz i tak kuasa jadi super woman kalau husband i tamau jadi superman. so, we all nak tunggu sape dulu akan pick up that kain to lap de rumah...kalau ada orang masuk bilik we all, nescaya depa ingat loji pembuangan sampah. So, give yourself a pat on the back for being such a wonderful carer to your family and can still perform excellently at work.