Monday, June 25, 2007

Six-Year-Old Girl

For her sixth birthday, Aina wanted to share it with her friends in kindy. She asked me to prepare party-packs and a cake to bring to class. I'm already dried for ideas as all the other mommies have already used up my ideas like giving out accessories like hair pins, pencil boxes and what nots.

I finally decided that books make better party-packs for the children, though boring but they will be useful. So I got them prophet-themed workbooks - they're like story books with activities like coloring, find hidden items etc. Just not to make them boring packs, Aina asked me to put color pencils, raisins and jellies - of course, my girl cannot be rated boring!

By the way, if you are looking for children books with Islam oriented contents, do drop by my friend's shop Mindaku Bookstore in Seksyen 13 Shah Alam, opposite the primary school.

Then comes the cake part. It's a challenge trying to bring a big cake and split them to 22 kids in 15 minutes break-time. What better solution than having cup-cakes, and they were pretty too. And these are fresh from the oven, from a college-friend Saf who decided to quit her job and concentrate on baking.


After the little party in school, I was already feeling exhausted from the previous week's hectic schedule. In fact, I was feeling under the weather already, and decided to sleep the whole afternoon.

Of course, Aina's birthday won't be complete without the family dinner. This time, we decided to have an Italian dinner at the Little Italian Kitchen in Shah Alam Mall. And courtesy of the owner who recognized us as regular patrons, Aina got this little soufle with ice-cream. So we saved on buying a while cake.



But then later that night, what was consumed during the dinner was thrown out when my tummy just couldn't stand the big ball of gas that's been in there since noon, afterwhich, I slept through the night like eternity.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AINA!
Another year gone in a breeze. I just hope I wouldn't miss my kids growing up because life is like a dash..

No comments: