Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

Life at the workplace has been very hectic for the past month, and even more so for the past week. Tuesday was worst because I thought I was going to have a heart-attack. I felt my chest tightening and my blood pressure was unstable. When I looked into the mirror, I saw hot-flushes all over my face. The nervousness was mainly due to the fact that a client asking for a proposal presentation with a very short-notice, and I have no one in the office to support me technically. Every single effort to win this RM7 million project I had to bear myself. Was also frantically trying to get support from my partners, but of course, being the prime contractor, it had to be me.

I think I'm not in a very good shape in terms of maintaining my physical fitness. Endless self-promises I've been making to myself to at least exercise 3 times a week, or do some situps before taking the morning shower. And I'm still making that promise which has yet to be fulfilled. Even worse, I'm still maidless, so with endless hours at work and endless house chores, it is the ultimate recipe for a nervous breakdown.

I'm glad I still can count on my siblings to help me with the kids care and some housework. I'm also very furious with my maid-agent for not being proactive about servicing us. When we made the booking of the maid, he should have advised the maid to make the necessary arangements already. What I'm hearing now is the maid wants to go back to her kampong first when she was supposed to be here on Tuesday!! The agent should have told her to do so when we placed the order 3 weeks ago.

And I'm still freaking mad! To top it all...Amir loves to tabur bedak all over the house........

No comments: