Friday, March 20, 2009

Test of patience

Abu Sa’id & Abu Hurairah reported that Rasullullah s.a.w said: “If any Muslim is stricken with hardship, discomfort, grief, worry, pain or illness, even a thorn which hurts him, Allah will wash away his sins because of it.”




Taking care of a sick grown-up is actually tougher than taking care of the young ones, emotionally that is. You really have to be patient, be careful with what you’re saying and also be ready for any sarcasm coming your way.

My husband hardly falls sick, but when he does, he’ll be really sick, and what’s worse is he’s also becoming quick tempered. But then, all sick people is easily tempered kan? With all the aching body and high fever, all the nerve system becomes haywire.

Now he’s hospitalized, already spent 3 nights as the hospital and could be longer now that the doctor is suspecting it a dengue case as his blood platelet count is on the downtrend. Today’s test will determine if it’s really dengue or not.

I’m praying very hard that he’ll recover very soon.

I know Allah is testing him with the illness, and me too, to see if I can weather the downside of my other half. So far,I'm just brushing off all the torments and troubles in my heart with lots of doa's and quiet cry at night before I go to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,

Sorry to hear about your hubby's predicament. Insyaallah, everything will be OK. Kita doa saje.

Lizard

kak juli said...

also apportunity for u to collect BIG pahala points....sabar banyak yer...

ms hart said...

Ha, my prayers for your hubby and you, his Florence Nightingale! Semoga cepat sembuh. You take care, Ha.

linikazim said...

Glad he is in on the road to recovery now.